Top Ten Getting Started Tips to Market Your Book and Business
Want to sell a lot more books? Want clients calling every day to find out more about your service? Most emerging businesses forget the #1 way to promote anything--the Internet. Specifically, writing and submitting articles.
These ten Tips will help you write a winning article that top ezines and Web sites will want to publish.
2. Keep your articles around 200-800 words each. Remember today's audience likes short copy. They want it one, two, three. Online writing is so different from what print magazines want.
3. Keep your article focused on just one thesis or point. That means mindmap your article or make a linear outline what points to keep before your write it. A plan helps.
4. Create a hook for your two or three-sentence introduction. Notice this one asked you a few questions to engage you.
5. Forget the old school of writing for print magazines and getting paid. Follow the Internet way-- give your article away like Mrs. Field cookie samples, so people who read them and notice your signature file will want to visit the site where you sell your book.
6. Keep yourself out of it. Your audience wants to know what you can do for them. Replace those "I" constructions with "you." "If you are like me...."
7. Number the main points for clarity. People love easy to read tips. Remember tips have a format that pros know. Start with a command, follow it with a benefit for doing it, and follow that with examples of how.
8. Collect ten well-edited articles before you blast off. Online readers will look at you more seriously when they see you offer more than one quick thing. They will see you as the savvy expert and click to where you sell your book.
9. Leverage one article into five. Change your audience. Change your number of how to's. Three Tips to... or Five Tips... or The Two Best Ways to....
10. Remember free information is the reason people go to Web sites, so put your articles there as well as in a blog.
Once you get dozens of short articles or fiction excerpts out to no spam ezines or top web sites in your field, you will notice the search engines optimizing your site because they see your important key words that link you, your book, or your service together. Your submitted articles lead to the magic of "viral marketing." The thing is that this is attraction, natural marketing at its best. Your coach's URL and signature file is now on over 33,000 Web sites.
Judy Cullins ©2005 All Rights Reserved.