How to Improve Your Management Procedures Usability
Are your people consistently following your procedures? Each year, organizations lose thousands of dollars through common mistakes and lapses in usability. But what does that mean for business owners and executives?
- Are your required actions described thoroughly and accurately, or are the details left open to interpretation?
- Is your content consistent and complete, or are your writers leaving gaps no one has noticed?
- Are revisions controlled, or are different people using different versions?
- Are your procedures compliant with regulations? Are you sure?
- Are all documents written to produce clear, measurable results?
If you're unsure about any of the answers to these questions, there is good news: you can make your procedures clear and complete without combing through all of them yourself line by line. You have invested in your procedures; now ensure you are communicating clear expectations, and your professionalism, with the best tools possible.
Strengthen Your Management Procedures' Documents
With a technical writing review, professional technical writers can review and edit your documents. Methodologies have been developed and used by experienced technical writers to strengthen policies and procedures, so you can put efficiency and expertise to work saving you time and hassle. You can eliminate the costly professional headache of poorly written management procedures.
Get the Help and Reap the Rewards:
- Easy upgrades to your documents
- Increased clarity for your written procedures
- Expert objective commentary on your documents
- Fast results to model other procedures
- Convenient tech writers at your service
- Detailed grammar and language correction
If your policies and procedures are incomplete, outdated or inconsistent, then you are probably not driving the performance improvement you intended. But no matter what your worst procedure headache is, you can eliminate your lapses in usability now and improve to "best practices" standards.
About The Author
Chris Anderson has over 18 years of sales, marketing and business management experience producing the business process design, software and systems engineering - consulting with companies large and small. He is also co-author of policies and procedures manual products, producing the layout, process design and implementation of the information to increase performance. He is currently the Managing Director of Bizmanualz, Inc.